Postgraduate student O.V. Butina1, 2
PhD, Associate Professor T.G. Arutyunyan3, 4
PhD, Associate Professor T.B. Gorbatenko2
Dr.Hab., Associate Professor M.D. Kudryavtsev3, 4, 5
1Buryat State University, Ulan-Ude
2Chita Institute (branch) of Baikal State University, Chita
3Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk
4Reshetnev Siberian State University of Science and Technology, Krasnoyarsk
5Siberian Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Objective of the study was to substantiate a new approach to predicting individual achievements in sports activity based on the athletes’ genetic characteristics. Proceeding from the analysis of literary sources devoted to the design of training process in track and field athletics and sports genetics, as well as pedagogical observations combined with molecular diagnostic methods, we obtained the data that could further improve the quality of sports selection, training process design and niche specialization of athletes at the early stage of sports activity. Sampled for the study were two highly-qualified athletes. We analyzed their training diaries using the Sport 3.0 software application and conducted a genetic analysis on 6 genes associated with sports activity: MSTN, PPARGC1A, ACTN3, ACE, NRF2 (A/C), NRF2 (C/T). The athletes were found to have genetic differences, which significantly affect the time required to qualify for the Masters of Sport of Russia in Track and Field Athletics. We formulated practical recommendations resulting from the conducted studies.
Keywords: track and field athletics, training process, genetic markers, sports selection.
- Aksenov M.O. Rol miostatina v effektivnosti trenirovki sportsmenov tyazheloatleticheskih vidov sporta [Role of myostatin in effectiveness of weightlifter training]. Proc. II nat. res.-practical conference on sports science in children and youth and adaptive sports. CSTSTTS Moskomsport publ., 2017. pp. 12-13.
- Aksenov M.O. Geneticheskie tekhnologii i genny doping v sporte vysshikh dostizheniy [Genetic technology and gene doping in elite sports]. Strategii i praktiki razvitiya natsionalnykh vidov sporta: opyt pokoleniy i novye tekhnologii [Strategies and Practices for Development of National Sports: Generational Experience and New Technologies]. Proc. international scientific symposium. BSU publ., Ulan-Ude, 2018. pp. 84-99.
- Aksenov M.O. Otsenka effektivnosti trenirovki v tyazheloatleticheskikh vidakh sporta s uchetom polimorfizmov gena miostatina [Assessing effectiveness of training in weightlifting sports in view of myostatin gene polymorphisms]. Vestnik sportivnoy nauki. 2018. no. 6. pp 31-37.
- Dribnokhodova O.P., Mironov K.O., Dunaeva E.A., Shipulin G.A. Opredelenie nasledstvennoy predraspolozhennosti k razvitiyu fizicheskikh sposobnostey s pomoshchyu nabora reagentov «AmpliSensPiroskrin» [Hereditary predisposition to development of physical abilities determined using AmpliSensPiroskrin reagent kit]. Meditsinskiy alfavit. 2016. pp. 49-54.
- Litvinenko S.N. Analiz mirovykh rekordnykh dostizheniy v begovykh distsiplinakh legkoy atletiki v kontekste bioenergeticheskikh protsessov [Analysis of world records in track running events in context of bioenergetics processes]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2016. no. 10. pp. 72-74.