Dr.Biol., Professor A.V. Lysenko1
PhD, Associate Professor T.A. Stepanova1
PhD, Associate Professor S.S. Vassel1
1South Federal University, Rostov-on-Don
Objective of the study was to summarize the many years’ experience in the in-house studies on the development of optimal algorithms for using modern ergogenic aids to improve the results in elite sports, as well as enhance the healthcare effect of trainings in amateur sports (based on the nutrients approved by WADA).
Methods and structure of the study. During the experiment, we analyzed the effects of more than 20 biologically active peptides on the body of athletes and representatives of population groups, the vital activity of which is associated with the influence of various adverse environmental and professional factors. We described the authors’ express test developed on the basis of a refractometric analysis and designed to detect food adulteration, and proved its higher efficiency in comparison with the organoleptic method.
Results of the study. The perspectiveness of using peptide-based biologically active food additives is confirmed by a major impact of in-house experimental studies and literature data indicating the ability of short peptides (mainly consisting of 3-4 amino acids) to interact with DNA, thus regulating gene expression, which results in a large number of positive effects on the human body. An important aspect of the mechanism of action of short peptides is their effect on the intensity of lipid peroxidation.
Conclusion. The analysis of the experimental data on the mechanisms of action and effects of the studied peptides and their complexes (such as pinealon, cortexin, noopept, and many others) suggests the possibility of using biologically active food additives based on short peptides as a safe alternative to pharmacological drugs in order to increase physical working capacity and mental performance, stress tolerance, learning ability, sports records while maintaining health and achieving active longevity.
Keywords: ergogenic aids, food adulteration, sports longevity
- Iginova R.V., Averyasova Yu.O. Psihologicheskie osnovyi intuitivnogo pitaniya [Psychological foundations of intuitive nutrition]. Sports Psychology: Actual Challenges and the Path of Development: Proc. conf. with international participation. 2018. pp. 191195.
- Lysenko A.V., Morgul E.V., Petrova O.A. et al. Vliyanie pinealona na rezervnyie vozmozhnosti organizma vyisokokvalifitsirovannyih sportsmenov [The influence of pinealon on reserve capabilities of elite athletes]. Nauchnyie vedomosti Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser.: Meditsina. Farmatsiya. 2012.v.18. no. 101 (129). pp. 3036.
- Lysenko A.V., Lysenko D.S., Buynov L.G. et al. Vliyanie samomassazha v sochetanii s preparatom noopept na professionalnuyu rabotosposobnost prepodavateley pozhilogo vozrasta [The effect of selfmassage in combination with noopept drug on professional performance of older teachers]. Uspekhi gerontologii. 2018.no. 316.
- Lysenko D.S., Lysenko A.V., Petrov A.V. Issledovanie vzaimosvyazi prodolzhitelnosti zhizni s travmoopasnostyu i tvorcheskoy sostavlyayuschey professionalnoy deyatelnosti [Study of relationship of life expectancy with injury risk and creative component of professional activity]. Biomeditsinskaya radioelektronika. 2018.no. 3. pp. 5961.
- Menzheritsky A.M., Lysenko A.V., Demyanenko S.V. et al. Protsessyi perekisnogo okisleniya lipidov v kore bolshih polushariy golovnogo mozga i plazme krovi molodyih kryis s vyisokim urovnem trevozhnosti pri emotsionalnom stresse: zaschitnyiy effekt nootropnogo dipeptida GVS111 [Lipid peroxidation processes in cerebral cortex and blood plasma of young rats with high levels of anxiety during emotional stress: protective effect of nootropic dipeptide GVS111]. Neyrokhimiya. 2003. v. 20. no. 4. pp. 281286.
- Savenko M.A. Determinantyi aktivnogo dolgoletiya lyudey pozhilogo vozrasta [Determinants of active longevity of the elderly]. Doct. diss. abstract (Hab.). St. Petersburg, 2009.41 p.
- Sorokina L.A., Buynov L.G., Plakhov N.N. et al. Issledovanie effektivnosti sochetannogo primeneniya korteksina i fizicheskih uprazhneniy v optimizatsii funktsionalnoy sistemyi statokineticheskoy ustoychivosti cheloveka [Study of effectiveness of combined use of cortexin and exercise in optimizing functional system of human statokinetic stability]. Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta. 2018.v. 8.no.1. pp. 223238.
- Stepanova T.A. Bezopasnost: bezopasnost pitaniya i zdorove naseleniya [Safety: food safety and public health]. Tutorial. RostovonDon, 2016.
- Havinson V.Kh., Anisimov S.V., Malinin V.V. et al. Peptidnaya regulyatsiya genoma i starenie [Peptide regulation of genome and aging]. M.: RAMS publ., 2005. 208 p.
- Aksenov, M.O., Andryushchenko, L.B. Myostatin gene role in strength building process. Teoriya i Praktika Fizicheskoy Kultury, Issue 4, 1 April 2018, pp. 7173.
- Bukova L.M., Bukov A.Y., Andryushchenko L.B, Kobza M. Efficient academic pe service model to improve rehabilitation and work efficiency. Teoriya i Praktika Fizicheskoy Kultury. 2019, no. 9, 2019, pp. 1820.
- Masalimova, A.R., Mikhaylovsky, M.N., Grinenko, A.V., Smirnova, M.E., Andryushchenko, L.B., Kochkina, M.A., Kochetkov, I.G. The interrelation between cognitive styles and copying strategies among student youth. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, Volume 15, no. 4, 2019, em1695