Healthy Lifestyle and Psychomotor Skills Building in Elementary School Students
Dr.Hab., Professor K.K. Markov1
Dr.Hab. , Associate Professor M.D. Kudryavtsev2, 4, 5
1Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk
2Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk
3Lyceum number 2, Krasnoyarsk
4Siberian State University of Science and Technology n.a. Academician M.F. Reshetnev, Krasnoyarsk
5Siberian Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation, Krasnoyarsk
Siberian Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation, Krasnoyarsk
In the setting of a busy and fast paced life of modern society, the problem of formation of health values in the younger generation, especially at an early age, during the first years of study and growing up, is of particular importance.
Objective of the study was to determine how significant the values of a healthy lifestyle are for elementary school students in the process of physical education.
Structure and methods of the study. The study was conducted at the premises of Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University named after V.P. Astafyev, Municipal Educational Institution Lyceum No. 2 and a number of other educational institutions of Krasnoyarsk. A total of 1096 elementary school students took part in the educational experiment. The structure and content of recreational activities that contribute to the formation of healthy lifestyle skills and improvement of psychomotor competence of elementary schoolchildren consisted of recreational measures focused on the prevention and correction of health disorders, prevention of colds, especially in dangerous periods of the year. The Control Group subjects were trained according to the traditional physical education program; while the Experimental Group subjects – using the techniques of mastering of health-improving components of physical education process based on the author's works. The attention of the school students and teachers was constantly directed to activity, process, rather than the final result or a qualifying standard.
Conclusion. The three-year educational experiment revealed a significant advantage of the Experimental Group school students over their peers from the Control Group in terms of the levels of physical and psychomotor development and mastery of healthy lifestyle skills in younger school students.
Keywords: healthy lifestyle, school students, physical education, psychomotor skills, skills, abilities.
- Bal'sevich V.K., Bolshenkov V.G., Ryabintsev F.P. Kontseptsiya fizicheskogo vospitaniya s ozdorovitelnoy napravlennostyu uchaschihsya nachalnyih klassov obscheobrazovatelnyih shkol [The concept of health promoting physical education in primary school]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. 1996. no. 2. pp. 1318.
- Davydov V.V. Teoriya razvivayuschego obucheniya [Theory of Developmental Learning]. M .: INTOR publ., 1996.554 p.
- Kopylov Yu.A. Kak uskorit privyikanie pervoklassnikov k obucheniyu v shkole sredstvami fizicheskoy kultury [Physical education for first graders to adapt to school studies faster]. Nachalnaya shkola. 2004. no.3. pp. 123249.
- Kudryavtsev M.D. Osobennosti primeneniya metodiki obucheniya mladshih shkolnikov dvigatelnyim deystviyam na osnove teorii uchebnoy deyatelnosti [Specifics of application of teaching methods for elementary school students in motor actions based on theory of educational activity]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. 2004. no. 3. pp. 4044.
- Lubysheva L.I. Sotsialnoe i biologicheskoe v fizicheskoy kulture cheloveka v aspekte metodologicheskogo analiza [Social and biological aspects in human physical culture in context of methodological analysis]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 1996. no. 1. p. 12.
- Markov K.K., Lebedinsky V.Yu. Formirovanie psihomotornyih kachestv v sovremennom sporte: teoreticheskie i metodologicheskie problemy [Formation of psychomotor qualities in modern sport: theoretical and methodological problems]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2014.no. 6. pp. 5254.
- Ozerov V.P. Formirovanie psihomotornyih sposobnostey u shkolnikov [Building psychomotor abilities in schoolchildren]. Chisinau: Lumina publ., 1989.112 p.
- Patrikeev A.Yu. Rabochaya programma po fizicheskoy kulture. 4y klass [Physical education. Work program. 4th grade]. M.: VAKO publ., 2013.56 p. (Work programs).
- Buczuhazy K., Semela M. (2017). Case study: Reaction time of children according to age. Procedia Engineering, 187 (2017), 408413.
- Hornikova H., Dolezalova L., Krasnanova, I., Lednicky, A. (2019). Differences in reaction time and agility time in 11 to 14 years old schoolboys. Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 19(4), (2019), 13551360.