Dr.Sc.Tech., Associate Professor M.V. Kornyakov1
PhD, Professor A.A. Akhmatgatin1
PhD, Professor S.A. Galtsev1
1Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk
Objective of the study was to analyze the process of establishment and development of the Physical Education Department of Irkutsk National Research Technical University, as well as elaborate the ways to improve its work. The study was conducted using the methods of scientific literature analysis and induction. Structure and methods of the study. The article presents historical materials on the establishment and development of the Physical Education Department of Irkutsk National Research Technical University, as well as the directions of improvement of its activity based on the relevant provisions of the system approach. It also covers the peculiarities of activity of the Physical Education Department in the process of its development, discloses the information about the people who have made an invaluable contribution to the improvement of its work.
Results. During the period of operation of the Physical Education Department, the methodology of organization of classes, lesson plans, training aids and scientific knowledge base for physical education and sports activities have been improved significantly. Currently, the Department staff publishes 1-3 monographs and 25-30 articles annually in the journals approved by Web of Science, Scopus, and those from the list of the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles.
Conclusions. Effective organization of work of the Department as a unified system, that includes coordinated interaction of its main units aimed to obtain such a result that would ensure achievement of activity goals, seems to be the main condition for physical education process improvement.
Keywords: Physical Education Department, establishment, methodological work, scientific work, system approach, physical health.
- Anokhin P.K. Ocherki po fiziologii funktsionalnyih sistem [Essays on the physiology of functional systems]. Moscow: Meditsina publ., 1975, 447 p.
- Brushlinsky A.V. Sub'ektnodeyatelnostnaya kontseptsiya i teoriya funktsionalnyih sistem [Subjectactivity concept and functional system theory]. Voprosy psikhologii. 1999. no. 5. pp. 110121.
- Shporin E.G., Lebedinsky V.Yu., Kolokoltsev M.M. [ed.] Kafedra–Tsentr–fakultet. Istoriya kafedryi fizicheskoy kultury [Department – Center – faculty. History of Physical Education Department]. Irkutsk, 2010.178 p.
- Peregudov F.I., Tarasenko F.P. Vvedenie v sistemnyiy analiz [Introduction to System Analysis]. Textbook. M.: Vysshaya shk. publ., 1989. 367 p.
- Black P., D. William, 2009 “Developing the Theory of Formative Assessment.” Educational Assessment, Evaluation and Accountability (Formerly: Journal of Personnel Evaluation, in Education) 21 (1): 531.
- LópezPastor V.M., Kirk D., LorenteCatalán E., MacPhail A. & Macdonald D. . Alternative assessment in physical education: a review of international literature. Sport, Education and Society, 2013; 18:1: 5776. doi:10.1080/13573322.2012.713860.