Dr.Med., Professor V.V. Ezhov1
PhD A.Yu. Tsarev1
Dr. Biol. B.A. Dyshko2
1Academic Research Institute of Physical Methods of Treatment, Medical Climatology and Rehabilitation named after I.M. Sechenov, Yalta, Republic of Crimea
2Sport Technology LLC, Moscow
Coronary heart disease is one of the main causes of mortality, disability and temporary disability in Russia.
The article presents the results of study of the effectiveness of training with the use of "The New Breath" simulator for training breathing muscles in motion in terms of the sanatorium medical rehabilitation of patients diagnosed with coronary heart disease. Sampled for the study were 275 patients: males - 11%, females - 89%. The mean age was 64 years; the average duration of the disease was 14.5 years. All the patients, who made up the Control and Experimental Groups, received the entire complex of sanatorium-resort care with due regard to their individual characteristics. The Experimental Group subjects were additionally trained on the simulator for respiratory training in motion. "The New Breath" simulators were used during remedial gymnastics. The subjects were to perform a set of exercises to develop diaphragmatic breathing, gross motor skills, agility, mobility and flexibility of the joints, as well as cyclic loads in the form of walking at a moderate pace with an allowable increase in heart rate up to 25 bpm and maximum heart rate of 110 - 120 bpm. The training session lasted 30 minutes. The average number of procedures per treatment course was 10.7±0.3.
The study showed that the use of the simulators for respiratory training in motion significantly improves the blood system functionality and its oxygen transport capacity, stress coping skills, including various psychological stresses, reduces fatigue and expressed negative feelings associated with the functioning of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
Keywords: coronary heart disease, respiratory training in motion, "The New Breath" simulator for training the breathing muscles, medical and physical rehabilitation.
- Aleksandrov V.V., Demyanenko S.A., Mizin V.I. Osnovy vosstanovitelnoy meditsiny i fizioterapii [Fundamentals of restorative medicine and physiotherapy]. Study guide . 2nd ed., sup. M.: GEOTAR-Media publ., 2018. 208 p.
- Goranchuk V.V., Ivanov N.I., Sapova A.O. Gipoksiterapiya [Hypoxic Therapy]. St. Petersburg: Olbi-SPb publ., 2003. 536 p.
- Dyshko B.A., Kochergin A.B., Golovachev A.I. Innovatsionnye tekhnologii trenirovki dykhatelnoy sistemy [Innovative respiratory system training technologies]. M.: Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury i sporta publ.. 2012. 122 p.
- Zdravookhranenie v Rossii. 2015 [Health care in Russia. 2015]. Stat. sb. Rosstat. M., 2015. 174 p.
- Mizin V.I., Severin N.A., Dudchenko L.Sh. et al. Metodologiya otsenki reabilitatsionnogo potentsiala i effektivnosti meditsinskoy reabilitatsii u patsientov s patologiey kardiorespiratornoy sistemy v sootvetstvii s «Mezhdunarodnoy klassifikatsiey funktsionirovaniya, ogranicheniy zhiznedeyatelnosti i zdorovya» [Methodology for assessing rehabilitation potential and effectiveness of medical rehabilitation in patients with cardiorespiratory system pathology of in accordance with "International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health"]. Proc. PHF RK “Academic Research Institute of Physical Methods of Treatment, Medical Climatology and Rehabilitation named after I.M. Sechenov. Yalta, 2016. v XXVII. pp. 1-22.
- Ponomarenko G.N. Mezhdunarodnaya klassifikatsiya funktsionirovaniya, ogranicheniy zhiznedeyatelnosti i zdorovya – instrument nauchnoy otsenki effektivnosti meditsinskoy reabilitatsii [International classification of functioning, disability and health – tool for scientific evaluation of effectiveness of medical rehabilitation]. Voprosy kurortologii, fizioterapii i lechebnoy fizicheskoy kultury. 2013. no. 90 (2). pp. 57-62.
- Ponomarenko G.N. [ed.] Fizicheskaya i reabilitatsionnaya meditsina: natsionalnoe rukovodstvo [Physical and rehabilitation medicine: national guide]. M.: GEOTAR – Media publ., 2016. 688 p.