PhD M.V. Aranson1
PhD, Associate Professor E.S. Ozolin1
Dr.Hab., Professor B.N. Shustin1
PhD, Associate Professor A.V. Ivanov2
1Federal Research Center for Physical Culture and Sports (FRS VNIIIFK)
2St. Petersburg Scientific Research Institute of Physical Culture, St. Petersburg
The study of the topical research issues and analysis of the achievements of the leading foreign research groups in the field of training of elite athletes are among the most important directions in determining the development trends in modern sports science.
The experts of the All-Russian Scientific and Research Institute of Physical Culture and Sports keep paying considerable attention to the actualization of the modern foreign study findings in the field of elite sports. Moreover, with every passing year, the search for the most informative publications is complicated by the expansion of the network of information-analytical databases in the field of physical education and sports.
The paper presents an analysis of the main avenues of the scientific and applied researches on various aspects of athletic training in volleyball and tennis carried out abroad over the past 5 years. It has been established that the issues of the training process design, sports selection, inventory optimization, injuries and morbidity are the major area of the scientists’ interest. The predominance of certain research areas due to the sport specifics (biochemical studies in volleyball; inventory and equipment, features of sports selection in tennis) was revealed. Most of the studies are carried out in the countries with the largest number of sports, as well as international teams, mainly representatives of educational institutions.
Keywords: volleyball, tennis, athletic training, research.
- Aranson M.V., Ozolin E.S., Shustin B.N. Strukturny analiz tematiki i organizatsii zarubezhnykh nauchnykh issledovaniy v oblasti sporta vyisshih dostizheniy [Foreign elite sport research system: design and key fields]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2018 no. 11. pp. 101-104.
- Aranson M.V., Ovcharenko L.N., Ozolin E.S. et al Analiz sovremennykh tendentsiy nauchnykh issledovaniy v sporte vysshikh dostizheniy [Study of current trends in scientific research in elite sports]. Vestnik sportivnoy nauki, 2016, no. 5, pp. 55-59.
- Balasas D.G., Christoulas K., Stefanidis P., Vamvakoudis E., Bampouras T.M. The effect of beach volleyball training on muscle performance of indoor volleyball players. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2018. 58(9). pp.1240-1246.
- Bisagno E., Morra S. How do we learn to ‘‘kill” in volleyball?: The role of working memory capacity and expertise in volleyball motor learning. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology. 2018. Volume 167. pp.128-145.
- Costa Pereira T.J., van Emmerik Milton R.E.A., Misuta S., Barros R.M.L., Arruda F.Moura Interpersonal coordination analysis of tennis players from different levels during official matches. Journal of Biomechanics. 2018. Volume 67. pp.106-113.
- Dixon S., Dunn M., Knudson D.Tennis Equipment and Technique Interactions on Risk of Overuse Injuries. Tennis Medicine. 2019. pp.61-79.
- Félix I., Draovitch P., Ellenbecker T.S., Dines J.Tennis Injuries of the Hip and Thigh. Tennis Medicine. 2019. pp. 381-399.
- Kolman N.S., Kramer T., Elferink-Gemser M.T., Huijgen B.C.H. , Visscher C. Technical and tactical skills related to performance levels in tennis: A systematic review. Journal of Sports Sciences. 2019. Volume 37. Issue 1. pp.108-121.
- Kim Y.-Y., Min K.-O., Choi J.-H., Kim S.-H. The Effects of Sole Vibration Stimulation on Korean Male Professional Volleyball Players’ Jumping and Balance Ability. The Journal of Physical Therapy Science. 2016. 28. pp.1427 – 1431.
- Linek P., Saulicz E., Myśliwiec A., Wójtowicz M., Wolny T.The Effect of Specific Sling Exercises on the Functional Movement Screen Score in Adolescent Volleyball Players: A Preliminary Study. Journal of Human Kinetics. 2016. volume 54. – pp.83-90.