Intellectual performance improving integrated physical training algorithm for academic physical education
Dr.Hab., Professor R.M. Kadyrov1
PhD, Professor K.N. Dementiev1
1St. Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, St. Petersburg
Our analyses of the relevant theoretical and practical literature, own research findings and health statistics show that many university students and graduates have poor knowledge and skills in the health protection domain and, therefore, are often unhealthy and physically unfit in many aspects including those that are critical for professional service. This situation may be due to the fact that the valid academic physical education and sports and Elective v curricula are seldom if ever customized to the intensity of modern academic studies. Objective of the study was to offer an intellectual performance and physical fitness building integrated physical training algorithm for the academic physical education. The integrated physical training algorithm includes the following four modules: (1) overall endurance training module; (2) speed training module; (3) strength training module; and (4) coordination training module.
Benefits of the new integrated physical training algorithm were tested by an education experiment in 2018-19. Sampled for the experiment were the 1-year students (n-64) split up into Experimental and Reference Groups of 32 people each. Intellectual progress of the sample was tested by the Landolt Rings probe and the standard academic progress rates (average points) per examination session. The physical fitness of the sample was tested in the experiment by the Harvard Step Test (HST) rates.
Keywords: intellectual performance, physical fitness, physical education service, training effect.
- Bakaev V.V., Bolotin A.E. Pokazateli gotovnosti studentov k zdorovesberegayushchemu povedeniyu [Figures Describing Students’ Readiness for Health-Saving Behavior]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2013, no. 12 (106), pp. 36-39.
- Grigoriev V.I., Dementiev K.N., Pristav O.V., Mironova O.V. Proektnyie vozmozhnosti fizicheskoy kultury studentov v novykh usloviyakh [Design capabilities of academic physical culture in new conditions] Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2015, no. 10, pp. 94-96.
- Zarodnyuk G.V., Pakholkova N.V., Selyukin D.B. Prognosticheskoe razvitie fizicheskoy kulturyi studentov v vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniyah Rossii [Prognostic progress of academic physical culture of students in higher educational institutions of Russia]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury,2018, no. 4, pp. 11-13.
- Kostyuchenko V.F., Rudenko G.V., Dubrovskaya Yu.A. Formirovanie fizicheskoy kultury grazhdan v kontekste strategii razvitiya fizicheskoy kultury i sporta v RF [Mass physical culture encouragement policies in context of national physical education and sports sector development strategy]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2019. no. 3. pp. 38-39.
- Nemov R.S. Psikhologiya [Psychology]. Taxtbook in 3 V. 4th ed.. M.: VLADOS publ., 2003. pp. 173-179.
- Ponomarev G.N., Kuvanov Ya.A., Selyukin D.B. Fizicheskaya kultura v vysshem obrazovanii – vazhneyshaya sostavlyayushchaya v podgotovke budushchikh spetsialistov [Role of academic physical education in higher education system]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2019, no. 3, pp. 12-14.
- Safonova O.A., Germanova A.A. Vliyanie fizicheskoy kultury na umstvennuyu rabotosposobnost studentov stroitelnogo profilya [Influence of physical education on mental performance of civil engineering students]. Kultura fizicheskaya i zdorovye», VSPU. 2017. no. 3(63). pp. 100-101.
- Savelyev D.S., Grigoryev V.I., Gromov M.M. Imperativy standartizatsii fizicheskoy kultury studentov [Academic physical education standardization imperatives]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2018, no. 4, pp. 20-22.