Financial and economic performance rating factors in national football industry
PhD, Associate Professor O.V. Litvishko1
PhD, Associate Professor D.V. Vyprikov1
PhD E.A. Lubyshev2
1Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow
2Moscow City Pedagogical University, Moscow
Football clubs of the Russian Premier League have reported for the first time a growth of incomes that may be indicative of the financial and economic performance improvements due to the new club licensing procedures implemented by the Russian Football Union to comply with the UEFA fair play rules. The national education system takes efforts to improve the financial and economic performance in the optional sport training programs. Thus Plekhanov Russian University of Economics has lately reported the financial and economic performance progress in the academic Crossfit and Russian billiards and gives a special priority to develop optional sport training programs for football.
Objective of the study was to develop and offer financial and economic performance rating factors for the national football industry by the following components: (1) identify the key factors of influence on the club financial and economic performance; and 2) rate contribution of every factor into the integral financial and economic performance ratio. Financial and economic performance of the football clubs, for the purposes of the study, was interpreted as the integrated system with its characteristics needed to be analyzed to effectively rate the financial and economic performance. Input data for the study was generated by statistical data analysis and analyses of the existing legal and regulatory framework for the football industry and its progress reports. The study data and analyses made it possible to offer a football club financial and economic performance rating mechanism taking into account the socio-economic role of sports and the key factors of financial success including the market situation, resource provisioning, management quality, investment activity and social/ legal provisions for the club operations. The study findings may be useful for the football club management in the decision making process.
Keywords: proceeds, benefits, management, legal provisions, market.
- Vyprikov D.V., Shutova T.N., Bodrov I.M., Golubnichiy S.P. Sootnoshenie sredstv trenirovki yunykh futbolistok v podgotovitelnom periode s uchetom ikh individualnykh osobennostey [Individualized preparatory staged training model for junior female footballers]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2019. no. 3. pp. 60-62.
- Kokorev D.A., Vezenitsyn O.V., Vyprikov D.V., Bodrov I.M. Struktura i soderzhanie protsessa fizicheskoy podgotovki studentov na osnove krossfita [Crossfit-based academic physical education model design and content]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2017. no. 9. pp. 19-21.
- Kokorev D.A., Vyprikov D.V., Bodrov I.M. Adaptatsiya programmyi funktsionalnogo mnogoborya (krossfita) dlya fizicheskogo vospitaniya studentov [Adapted version of multisport crossfit system for academic physical education service]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2018. no. 8. pp. 35-37.
- Litvishko O.V. Pravovye osnovy finansirovaniya professionalnogo sporta v Rossii [Legal basis for financing professional sports in Russia]. Nauka i praktika Rossiyskogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta im. G.V. Plekhanova. 2015. no. 2 (18). pp. 36-40.
- Lubyshev E.A. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskoe soprovozhdenie sportsmena v komandnyih vidakh sporta [Psychological and pedagogical support of athlete in team sports]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2018. no. 9. 9 p.
- Trokhov A.A. Effektivnye biznes-modeli v menedzhmente s uchetom faktora riska [Effective risk management business models]. Vestnik Rossiyskogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta im. G.V. Plekhanova. 2017. no. 6 (96). pp. 122-127.
- Titovskiy A.V. Uchebno-metodicheskiy kompleks napravleniya «Bilyard» v uchebnom protsesse po fizicheskoy kulture» studentov ekonomicheskogo universiteta [Billiards education and training module in physical education curriculum of university of economics]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 6, pp. 30-33.
- Titovskiy A.V., Gadzhiev D.M., Nutsalov N.N., Averyasov V.V. Formirovanie sorevnovatelnykh kompetentsiy u studentov v protsesse organizatsii bilyardnykh turnirov [Forming students' competitive competences via billiards tournaments]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 9, pp. 39-41.
- Titovskiy A.V., Antonova I.N, Motorin I.N., Nutsalov N.M. Formirovanie obrazovatelnyih kompetentsiy studentov dlya distsipliny «Fizicheskaya kultura» sredstvami bilyarda [Billiards course applied under academic Physical Education discipline for competency building] Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2016. № 9. pp. 33- 35.
- Shikunova E.A., Litvishko O.V. Faktory dohodnosti professionalnykh sportivnykh klubov [Profitability Factors of Professional Sports Clubs]. Izvestiya Rossiyskogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta im. G.V. Plekhanova. 2011. no. 4 (4). pp. 176-183.
- Dermit-Richard N., Scelles N., Morrow S. French DNCG management control versus UEFA Financial Fair Play: a divergent conception of financial regulation objectives. Soccer and Society. 2017. pp. 1-23.
- Peeters T., Szymanski S. Financial fair play in European football. Economic Policy. 2014. №29 (78). pp 343-390.
- Scelles N., Andreff W. Economic model of a professional football club in France (Book Chapter). Routledge Handbook of Football Marketing. 2017.
- UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations [Electronic resource]. Nyon (Switzerland). 2018. Available at: https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/02/56... (date of access: 23.12.2018.