PhD, Associate Professor V.G. Medvedev1
PhD D.G. Stepyko1
Dr. Biol., Professor S.P. Levushkin1
1 Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
The results of the analysis of literature sources and practices of successful international sports federations developing elite sports and mass (public) sports are presented. The authors identified indicators for classifying sports activities in mass sports: lack of gender and age restrictions; the availability of all-weather classes and the lack of expensive technical equipment; the opportunity to engage in sports throughout life; the possibility of acquiring basic vital skills aimed at forming a healthy lifestyle habit; a sufficient number of coaching and instructor personnel; inclusion of a sport or its basic elements in a physical education lesson at a school or university; predominantly global nature of physical activity with aerobic energy supply; the possibility of conducting classes or competitions outside sports facilities among various groups and categories of the population; the presence of regional organizations (sports federations). The authors note that at the same time, the presence of the above indicators determines the potential for the general accessibility of the sport, however, without the implementation of special state programs aimed at implementing the established potential, the mass problem cannot be solved.
Keywords: sport, mass sport, 'sport for all'.
- Abalyan A.G. , T.E. Dolmatova; T.G. Fomichenko Vovlechenie naseleniya v zanyatiya fizicheskoy kulturoy i sportom: analiz uspeshnyih zarubezhnyih praktik na primere Velikobritanii [Promotion of mass physical education and sports: analysis of successful foreign practices using the example of the UK]. [Electronic resource] Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/vovlechenie-naseleniya-v-zanyatiya-fiz... (date of access: 20.06.2019)
- Alekseeva A.P. Modernizatsiya zakonodatelstva v sfere fizicheskoy kulturyi i sporta: tselesoobraznost i obosnovannost [Modernization of legislation in physical education and sport sector: feasibility and validity]. Istoricheskie, filosofskie, politicheskie i yuridicheskie nauki, kulturologi i iskusstvovedenie [Historical, philosophical, political and legal sciences, cultural studies and art history]. Voprosyi teorii i praktiki. 2012. no. 8 (22): v 2 chastyah. v. 1. 24 p.
- Grechishnikov A.L. Ponyatie «massovyiy sport» kak ob'ekt rassmotreniya sotsiologii upravleniya ["Mass sport" concept as an object of consideration in sociology of management]. Sovremennye problemyi nauki i obrazovaniya. 2014. no. 6. 1583 p.
- Matveyev L.P. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoy kulturyi (obschie osnovyi teorii i metodiki fizicheskogo vospitaniya; teoretiko-metodicheskie aspektyi sporta i professionalno-prikladnyih form fizicheskoy kulturyi) [Theory and methods of physical education (general principles of theory and methods of physical education; theoretical and methodological aspects of sports and professionally applied forms of physical education)]. Textbook. M.: Fizkultura i sport, 1991. 543 p.
- Bring children to the snow/- Available at: https://www.fis-ski.com/en/inside-fis/development/bring-children-to-the-...
- International day of sport for development and peace/- Available at: https://isu.org/isu-news/news/145-news/12067-international-day-of-sport-... (date of access: 19.06.2019)
- Swimming all-swimming life/- Available at: http://www.fina.org/event/swimming-all-swimming-life (date of access: 19.06.2019)