Petrozavodsk State University, Petrozavodsk
The study analyzes the Strava mobile app usage options for the academic physical education purposes and the ways to step up the students’ motivations for the self-reliant physical education practices; and offers a debugged and tested model to help the students cope with their academic backlogs in the physical education discipline. The study data and analyses show benefits of the mobile physical education applications for the students’ physical activation and motivation for self-reliant trainings, as they provide versatile progress control toolkit applicable in the training process by the teacher and student. It may be also used to form a training system for summer vacation time; design the off-class general endurance trainings; and to cover the individual backlogs in the academic physical education discipline.
It should be mentioned that the mobile physical education applications shall be complemented by special theoretical and practical trainings to help students master the physicality and functionality tests and controls in the self-reliant training process. The study data and findings may be of interest for physical education teachers, trainers and senior school/ university students for physical education training excellence purposes.
Keywords: physical education, young people, health, training motivations, experiment, mobile apps, social networks.
- Kremneva V.N., Solovyeva N.V. Fizicheskaya kultura v vuze: opyit PetrGU [Academic physical education: experience of PetrSU]. Sovremennaya nauka: aktualnye problemyi i puti ih resheniya [Modern science: actual problems and solutions], 2013, no. 1.
- Vilenskiy M.Y. Fizicheskaya kultura i zdorovy obraz zhizni studenta [Physical Culture and Healthy Lifestyle of Student]. Study guide. Moscow: Gardariki publ., 2007, 218 p.
- Ilyin E.P. Psikhologiya fizicheskogo vospitaniya [Psychology of physical education]. 2nd ed., rev., sup.. St Petersburg: Herzen RSPU publ., 2000.
- Kariauli A.S., Savin A.N., Ishkov V.A. et al. Sotsialnyie seti kak sredstvo kontrolya, samokontrolya i povyisheniya motivatsii k samostoyatelnyim zanyatiyam fizicheskoy kulturoy [Social networks as a means of control, self-control and increase of motivation for independent physical education lessons]. Sb. konferentsii 'Formirovanie u studentov nauchno-issledovatelskoy deyatelnosti v oblasti zdorovesberezheniya, fizicheskoy kulturyi i sporta' [Proc. conference 'Forming students' research activities in the field of health, physical education and sports']. 26.11.2015-24.06.2016, pp. 7-12.
- Kremneva V.N., Kariauli A.S. Opyit rabotyi s zadolzhennikami po distsipline fizicheskaya kultura [Experience with debtors in physical education discipline]. Proc. VII Intern. res.-pract. conf. 'European Scientific Conference'. in 2 p. 2017, pp. 209-211.
- Kremneva V.N., Soloveva N.V. Fizicheskaya kultura v vuze: opyit PetrGU [Academic physical education: experience of PetrSU]. Sovremennaya nauka: aktualnye problemy i puti ikh resheniya, 2013, no. 1.
- Lakhtin A.Y. Vliyanie samostoyatelnyih zanyatiy fizicheskoy kulturoy na adaptatsiyu studentov k obucheniyu v vuze [Influence of self-reliant physical training on adaptation of students to university studies]. Vestnik tomskogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta, 2011, no. 4, pp. 5-9.