Professor, PhD E.A. Zemskov1
1Moscow City Pedagogical University, Moscow
2Education Center No. 1881, Moscow
Objective of the study was to find benefits of a set of athletic rhythmic practices to develop basic motor skills in adolescent (12-13 year-old) girls within the frame of the regular physical education lessons. The model testing experiment was run at Education Center #1881 in Moscow for six academic months. The experiment was designed to rate effects of the gymnastic aerobics and athletic rhythmic practices in the regular physical education lessons, with each set of exercises taking 7min at the end of each lesson – for account of the warm-up time of the lesson. The combined practices were designed to activate the core specific muscle groups and body elements by the regular trainings; with the athletic rhythmic practices with varied weights focused on the unspecific muscle groups to balance and harmonize the physical progress.
The study showed benefits of the athletic rhythmic practices combined with the regular physical education trainings as verified by the sample progress in the health, developmental and fitness aspects. The new athletic rhythmic model may be creatively customized to the individual needs by combining the exercises and weights as required by the individual/ group physical education service purposes.
Keywords: athletic rhythmic practices, gymnastics aerobics, physical activity, basic motor skills, weights.
- Zemskov E.A. Gimnastika: tipologiya urokov fizicheskoy kulturyi v shkole [Gymnastics: typology of school physical education lessons]. Moscow: Fizicheskaya kultura publ., 2008, 192 p.
- Zemskov E.A., Zakharova E.S. Metod utyazheleniya zvenev tela kak mehanizm regulirovaniya fizicheskoy nagruzki [Body parts weigting technology to control physical loads]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka, 2017, no. 2.
- Novikova L.A., Menkhin A.V. Razvitie fizicheskih sposobnostey uchaschihsya nachalnoy shkolyi sredstvami gimnastiki [Building physical abilities of primary school children using gymnastics]. Moscow: RSUPESYT, Print Tsentr publ., 2004, 21 p.
- Peter Jansen. ChSS, laktat i trenirovki na vynoslivost [Heart rate, lactate and endurance training]. Transl. Engl. Murmansk: Tuloma, 2006, 160 p.
- Sagatovskiy V.N. Sistemnaya deyatelnost i ee filosofskoe osmyislenie. Sistemnyie issledovaniya. Metodicheskie problemyi [Systemic activity and its philosophical understanding. System research. Methodical problems]. Weekly, 1980.