Associate Professor, PhD S.S. Gulyaeva
Churapcha State Institute of Physical Culture and Sports, Churapcha, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
Objective of the study was to provide theoretical grounds for a year-round Nordic walking practicing model designed to improve senior women’s physicality in cold climatic conditions of the Russian northern areas. The study was designed to test the new Nordic walking model combined with traditional health and physical conditioning practices. The combined Nordic walking plus physical conditioning model testing experiment was run in natural environments for one calendar year. The training model offered 3-4 group trainings per week for small groups of 40-65 year-old women complemented by their self-reliant home trainings, with the training formats and loads customizable on an individual basis.
The combined Nordic walking plus physical conditioning model testing experiment showed benefits of the model as verified by trainees’ progress in the cardiovascular and respiratory system performance and the physicality and coordination rating tests. The groups were tested with significant improvements in the cardiovascular system responses to physical workloads. The training model was found efficient for the initiatives to maintain and improve the senior women’s physicality and functionality rates.
Keywords: physical education and health trainings, Northern areas, cold climate, Nordic walking, physicality rates.
- Aghajanyan N.A. Chelovek v usloviyah Severa [Man in northern conditions]. Moscow: KRUK publ., 1996, 208 p.
- Argunov V.A. Patologicheskaya anatomiya i morfogenez ateroskleroza aortyi i koronarnyih arteriy u zhiteley Yakutii [Pathological anatomy and morphogenesis of atherosclerosis of aorta and coronary arteries in Yakutia residents]. Novosibirsk: Nauka publ., 2006, 183 p.
- Arsenev E.N. Rabotosposobnost i zdorove cheloveka na Severe [Work efficiency and health of man in the North]. Murmansk, 1993, 87 p.
- Bagnetova E.A. Kultura zdorovya cheloveka na Severe [Culture of human health in the North]. Uspekhi sovremennogo estestvoznaniya, 2006, no. 4, 29-30.
- Bannikova R.V., Sannikov A.L. Ozhidaemaya prodolzhitelnost zhizni i zdorove populyatsiy v severnoy aglomeratsii [Life expectancy and health of populations in northern agglomeration]. Ekologiya Severnoy Dviny. Arkhangelsk, 1999, pp. 191-198.
- Boyko E.R., Bichkaeva F.A. Fosfolipidny profil u zhiteley evropeyskogo Severa Rossii [Phospholipid profile in residents of the European North of Russia]. Fiziologiya cheloveka [Human Physiology], 2000, vol. 26, no. 2, P. 105.
- Boyko E.R., Potolitsyina N.N., Boyko S.G. et al. Obespechennost naseleniya Severa zhirorastvorimymi vitaminami [Provision of population of the North with fat-soluble vitamins]. Voprosy pitaniya, 2008, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 64-67.
- Borisova N.V., Petrova P.G., Markova S.V. Ekologo-fiziologicheskoe obosnovanie formirovaniya funktsionalnyih rezervov u naseleniya Respubliki Sakha (Yakutiya) [Ecological and physiological rationale for formation of functional reserves in the population of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)]. Sibirskiy med. Zhurnal, 2007, no. 22, appl. to 2, pp. 58-61.
- Bulatova M.M. Evropeyskiy opyit: uroki i prioritetyi [European experience: lessons and priorities]. Sportivnaya meditsina, 2007, no. 1, pp. 3-10.
- Gulyaeva S.S., Gulyaev P.D. Samokontrol pri ozdorovitelnyih zanyatiyah [Self-control at fitness activities]. Mater. vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. 'Organizatsiya fizkulturno-sportivnoy rabotyi po mestu zhitelstva: problemyi i puti ih resheniya [Proc. nat. res.-practical conf. 'Organization of domiciliary physical education and sports activities: problems and solutions]. Churapcha, 2016, pp. 25-28.
- Platonov V.N. Sohranenie i ukreplenie zdorovya lyudey – prioritetnoe napravlenie sovremennogo zdravoohraneniya [Health protection and strengthening as priority for modern healthcare]. Sportivnaya meditsina, 2006, no. 2, pp. 3-14.
- Potemkina R.A. Povyshenie fizicheskoy aktivnosti naseleniya Rossii: sovremennyie podhodyi k razrabotke populyatsionnyih programm [Promotion of physical activity of Russian people: modern approaches to development of population programs]. [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://vocmp.oblzdrav.ru. Date of access: 05.11.2016.
- Filippov N.N. Dvigatelnaya aktivnost i zdorove sovremennogo cheloveka [Motor activity and health of modern man]. Study guide. Smolensk, 2005, P. 5.
- World Health Organization. Geneva, 2008. P.110.