Requirements to materials submitted for publication in journals "Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kul'tury", "Fizicheskaya kul'tura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka"
The scientific theoretical journal "Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kul'tury" has been published since 1925 and is a worldwide renowned scientific periodical. Articles submitted to the editorial office are professionally reviewed by highly qualified experts, edited and have an abstract in English. However, a brief abstract does not always allow to get a clear understanding of the content of the articles. The journal is read in many countries of the world, in the neighboring ones and beyond, and in the Baltic countries; the best foreign libraries and higher education institutions are among its subscribers; it has its readers abroad.
To solve these problems, the editorial board of the journal made a decision to release an English version along with the Russian one and publish it in the Internet on its website from January 1st, 2013 onward. Impact-factor values will enable authors of the articles to receive assessment of their scientific rating, and it will also make it possible for foreign scientists to refer to research of Russian authors. Thus, the international significance of the Russian sport science will be increased.
In this context, we are asking the authors to pay attention to the need to provide the full text of articles in the Russian and English languages. The authors are responsible for the accuracy and quality of translation. The editorial office assumes the right to review, edit and proofread both versions of articles.
If there is no English version of an article, the editorial office cannot guarantee its publication in the journal. We are sure that the authors and readers will support the initiative of the leading Russian trade journal and will contribute to improve the quality of published journals.
To enhance the quality of the journals "Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kul'tury" and "Fizicheskaya kul'tura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka" and due to the increase of their volume by 1.5 times, the editorial office has developed and adopted new regulations and requirements to the content and design of the materials submitted for publication. These requirements are compulsory to comply with for all the authors, in case of non-compliance of an article’s design with the regulations below the editorial office reserves the right to request a corrected version of the article or refuse to publish it.
1. The article should contain original material that has never been published before and meet the following criteria: scientific novelty, practical significance, relevance.
2. Each original article must be preceded by a brief abstract in the Russian and English languages. The wordage of the abstract must be around 1,700-1,900 characters including spaces between words (about 150-250 words). The authors are responsible for the accuracy and quality of translation that is to be done by a person knowing the English language, and not by a machine translation system. Abstracts must be concise and contain the title of the article, initials and surnames of the authors, brief information about them, the name of the organization where the work was done, the city and keywords. The purpose of the study, research methods, contingent of the subjects and the main results are also indicated in the abstract.
3. The following must be mentioned at the beginning of the article: the section preferred by the author, the title of the article, initials and surnames of the authors, academic degrees and titles, the name of the organization where the work was done, the city, the country and keywords (not more than 5-7 words).
4. Scientific articles must consist of the following sections: Introduction, Research methods and organization, Results and discussion, Conclusions, References. Methodological materials of both pedagogical and biomedical nature must consist of an introduction, practical recommendations, scientific or experimental substantiation and a list of references. The section of practical recommendations is to comprise at least 75% of the total volume of such articles. Articles of polemical and journalistic character for the sections Discussion, Consulting, etc may be written in free format.
5. In tables it is necessary to make titles of the columns as short as possible, values easily calculated based on the present ones should not be provided (for example, a difference or percentage), words are not to be clipped or contracted, data described in the text are not to be duplicated. It is desirable to format tables over the entire width of a page. Tables that take up a whole page will not be accepted.
6. Figures, drawings and diagrams must be done by any vector graphics software (CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD), the font to be used is Arial. Figures (but not diagrams or drawings) may also be done by means of Word and Excel. The article can be accompanied by photos and drawn pictures of good quality, illustrating carried out experiments. The image quality should allow their polygraphic reproduction without further processing. Illustrations with captions must be embedded in the manuscript file and also attached as separate image files (tiff, jpg) with a resolution of at least 2,000 pixels on one side.
7. Tables, charts and figures must be placed on a vertical sheet as well as the whole text.
8. References must be arranged alphabetically according to the rules of bibliographic description, GOST 7.1-2003. Also, a list of references in accordance with the Russian version must be submitted in the English language. References in the text are to be provided in square brackets in accordance with the numbers of the reference list. Footnotes appear in superscript. The responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained in the reference list is that of the author.
9. The manuscript must contain the date of writing, the surnames of all the authors, mailing address, telephone and a mandatory email address of one of the authors. The article must be accompanied by a high-quality portrait photo of the first author (or several authors), the photo is to be a separate vertically oriented graphic file (tiff, jpg) with a resolution of at least 1,280 by 960 pixels (a 1.5 megapixel digital camera is enough to make such a photo).
10. The article must be exactly 4.5 or 7 pages of A4 size long (bigger volume is possible if so agreed), formatted in accordance with the below rules (for the Editorial Office Portfolio section - from 1 to 2 pages). This volume includes the following: the title of the article, the names of authors with their posts and place of work mentioned, the abstract, the text, tables, illustrations, references, an email address of the author (the photo of the author is not taken into account).
11. The manuscript file format is MS Word, the right margin is 1 cm, all the rest - 2 cm each, the font is Times New Roman, the title is size 14, the body of the text (including the text of the tables) is size 12, references - size 12. All the text must have 1.5 line interval. Zero indent.
12. Articles are accepted only by email. The file name must contain the name of the first author and the date of writing (for example, Ivanov02.05.2006.doc), all additional files’ names (with drawings, diagrams, etc) must also contain the author’s surname and the date (for example, Ivanov02.05.2006Photo.tif, Ivanov02.05.2006Ris1.jpg or Ivanov02.05.2006Shema2.cdr). Upon receipt of the article the editorial office will send a notification of its acceptance for publication or a rejection in case of non-compliance of its format with the above requirements to the email address from which it was sent. Be careful while reading your mail.
13. Due to the fact that there are too many manuscripts in editor’s hand some materials will be published in the from of short essays in the Editorial Office Portfolio section. Please keep it in mind that the shorter your article is, the more likely is its imminent publication. The editorial office reserves the right to make decisions with regards to the nature of the publication, its section and title, as well as its volume decrease, including substantial.
Requirements to photos of authors to be published in the journal:
1. Any format (JPG, TIFF, PNG). Any chromaticity, the photo will be black and white in the end.
2. File size must not be very small (less than 100 KB) - in most cases it means low quality.
3. Resolution must be at least 150 dpi (better if it is 300 dpi).
4. Geometrical dimensions - at least 400 by 500 dots (pixels) if it is a portrait. If it is a full-length photograph, then it must be more.
5. It is desirable that the author is photographed against a single-color background.
For articles to be published in the journals "Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kul'tury" and "Fizicheskaya kul'tura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka" you must provide one review of the leading experts on the issues of your research.
The review must include substantiation of the relevance, scientific novelty, reliability of results obtained, and mention when and where they were first published.
The review should not be longer than 2-3 pages, the text should be certified at the workplace of the reviewer.
Reviews are to be sent to the editorial office long with scientific manuscripts.
Reviewing of scientific articles in journals included in the list of the Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation is carried out based on the decision of the Presidium of the Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation.
Without reviews articles will not be accepted for publication.